Technical Downtime :) July 27, 2010Posted by Nick Azer in Luna C/I.
add a comment
I’m going to be moving the site over to a different hosting source this week, so I’ll be back next week (or sooner, if it turns out to be quick and easy) with regular updates, a 2-week edition of the Google Lunar X PRIZE Roundup, and some early revamps/expansions of the site :)
In the meantime, keep an eye on my Twitter page :)
Google Lunar X PRIZE Roundup #20 May 25, 2010Posted by Nick Azer in Google Lunar X Prize, Google Lunar X Prize Roundup, Luna C/I.
- Team Astrobotic‘s third prototype sprang into life! Check out the video of it in action :)
- MIT students working with Next Giant Leap showed their work to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. Pretty cool :)
Check out my Twitter GLXP List for a lot of these updates as they come in real-time…if you have any additions for it or related sources you think I should keep tabs on, drop me a line in the comments below :)
Today is Luna C/I’s Second Anniversary :) April 2, 2010Posted by Nick Azer in Luna C/I.
add a comment
Today marks the second birthday for Luna C/I! :) Really snuck up on me this time.
From its humble fumbling-in-the-dark beginnings on Blogspot, Luna C/I’s come a long way. Now settled into a comfortable lunar trajectory, Luna C/I’s ready to take this momentum and carry in into big things. Good as things are now, I plan to inject serious propulsion towards what this site can achieve. Going to be an exciting third year :)
But, for now, some Luna C/I highlights of the past year:
- Started a highly successful new series, the Google Lunar X PRIZE roundups, covering each week’s tidbits from across the GLXP spectrum.
- Posted what I believe to be my best post: Moon Colonization: An American Historical Perspective, for the 20th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing
- Started a new series on selenography, Orbiting Atlas
- Began volunteering here in Portland at OMSI (the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry), for their awesome Space: A Journey to Our Future exhibit :) Starting to poke my way into real-world space goodness… (my background’s a dusty bachelor’s in Urban Planning; no fancy space universities or mission experience yet :) )
Ton of exciting news this year, from the mammoth discoveries of lunar water to Obama’s overhaul of NASA and private space.
Though, again, as great as this past year has been, I think it’ll pale in comparison to what I might be cooking up in year three…so, stay tuned;we’ve barely entered lunar trajectory yet :)
Today is Luna C/I’s One Year Anniversary! April 2, 2009Posted by Nick Azer in Luna C/I.
add a comment
One year ago today, I went off on a limb and did my first-ever post at the old Luna C/I Blogger site.
Little did I know just how immediate and big the subject was once I first got in; a good thing, to be sure :) It’s been a surprising and exciting education so far, and I’m really glad to have strapped myself onto this rocket when I did. Who know whats worlds this blog will have taken me to, a year from now…
Some of the highlights of this first year:
- The first Luna C/I film, “The Base Race: An Introduction to Moon Colonization 2004-2030“;
- My MoonPop series on the Moon and lunar colonization in pop culture, which ran weekly for quite some time;
- The Picture of the Week series that I ran until moving over here to WordPress;
- The moment I suddenly realised just how much visibility I had with this little project of mine (I was seriously shocked! :) );
- And a really simple post that completely shattered all my records for hits (almost had a heart attack when I saw how high the stats were, haha)
It’s been a fun and pivotal year in my life, and the great thing about this subject is I know this blog will be around for many more–there’s only going to be more and more news from this point going forward, as the base race and the private space boom really begin to heat up over the next 2-10 years :) It’s going to be a blast, and I hope you’re here along with me for it.